What is the Metro Charter School Site Council Mission?
The mission of the Metro Charter School Site Council is to work continuously to ensure that all available resources are utilized so that every student has a pathway to a successful education.
Who Forms the Metro Charter School Site Council?
The Metro Charter School Site Council is a peer-elected group of teachers, parents and classified employees that works with the principal to develop, review and evaluate school improvement programs and school budgets.
What are some of the Responsibilities of the School Site Council:
- Develop a comprehensive Single Plan for Student Achievement and ensure that the school is continually engaged in identifying and implementing curriculum and instructional practices.
- Monitor implementation of the plan and evaluate the results.
- At least annually, revise the plan, including proposed expenditures of funds allocated to the school through the Consolidated Application.
- The SPSA must be evaluated annually to determine the effectiveness of the plan.
- Development of Title I Parent Involvement Policy/School‐Parent Compact.
- Development of the Title I parental involvement budget, E046.
- Review the school’s categorical budgets.
- Develop and adopt the SPSA in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- Examine data prior to the annual revision of the SPSA.
School Site Council Meeting Dates:
Second Wednesday of Every Month @ 8am